
During Colby's two weeks of summer break we went to Oklahoma to visit Mammah. I absolutely loved being there and was actually very content to relax and enjoy the nature. I spent most mornings and evenings sitting on the porch, listening and watching birds and enjoying conversation. It didn't take Cooper very long to warm up to Mammah and Aunt Joyce. Of course, toys and popsicles did help a little.
Mammah had a little blow up pool that Cooper had a blast in. He could have stayed in there for hours.

Aunt Joyce surprised Cooper with this fun toy: a Buzzlightyear car! It took him a while to figure it out, but then he loved it and loved getting pushed around on it.
Cooper also enjoyed the porch swing.
Greta was Cooper's best friend on the farm. He loved to follow her around and thought it was so funny when he would find her sitting somewhere in the house. Thank you Greta for being such a good sport.
My camera died after these pictures, so I'll have to put more up when I get them from Colby's mom. One day we went to a water park in Oklahoma City. I had a lot of fun, since I hadn't been to a water park in years. My favorite rides were the tall, steep slides that take about 2 seconds to slide down - so fun!
Now we are back to our normal lives of school, work, and Cooper. I'm determined to have a good summer and am trying to get to a pool as often as I can. Especially since I will be having surgery on both of my ankles soon. The doctor that I work for will be the one doing the surgery, he is going to remove an Os Trigonum that has bothered me for years. I am happy to have it done, but am dreading the recovery.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Good 'Ol Oklahoma
Posted by Brittany and Colby at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
such a cute boy! He is growing up so fast. I hope the surgery helps, good for you for getting it done. Miss you guys.
Fun pictures. It is always nice to get away isn't it?
So sad you did not come see us while you were here. We live really close to whit water and would love to see you next time you are in town!!!
Post a Comment