


This Saturday and Sunday was General Conference. Luckily we have BYU TV, so we got to enjoy the talks in the comfort of our apartment. My favorite talk from Saturday was by Joseph B. Wirthlin. He started his talk by telling us that we need to learn to laugh and enjoy the little things in life. A recurring theme throughout his talk was "Come what may and love it". What a great saying his mother had. On Sunday we were able to go to the Conference Center for the afternoon session. It was my first time to ever go to the "real" conference and hear the Tabernacle choir perform live. They were amazing, their sound filled the entire center! My favorite talk from Sunday was President Monson's beginning talk that talked about change and realizing what is important in life. It is just too easy to get caught up with all the little things and forget what really is important in life. I have so much to be grateful for with my wonderful husband, family, our apartment, school...I could go on and on. I love conference weekend because I always feel so insipired and uplifted to do better in life. I am excited to make the most of everyday and "find joy in the journey".
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Learn to Laugh!
Posted by Brittany and Colby at 6:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved conference too. I got to view the film about President Monson's life between sessions. He is such an awesome man, definitely prepared by God to be His prophet. I am glad you got to go to the conference center. That is something I have yet to do.
I liked the talks too. Time to start living life to its fullest.
Hey Brittany the Luthi family here in Sunny CA saw you on Michelle Russells blog. Hope you are doing well!! Tell your mother-in-law Olivia misses her and "all-things- West Texas"!!
Hey Brittany,
I can not wait for you to come back to Texas either. I'm glad you guys are doing good! see you soon.
Love, Michelle
Post a Comment