Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Curse


This weekend we went to Midland and the Bushman curse held true. Everyone in our family knows that when we get together someone is bound to get sick. This time it was Colby and Dad who got a virus. Colby is still recovering, but feeling much better than before. Colby did get to have some fun before he got sick. He got to eat Thai food, go shopping with his Mom, and go to his little brother, Blaine's, basketball game.


The bright side of Colby getting sick was that we got to stay an extra day and I got to spend more time with Mom, Melanie, and Bentley. I love that we now live close enough to home that we can visit for the weekend. I had a lot of fun playing with Bentley and getting to know his little personality. He has a great, big smile that I just loved seeing. Bentley loved my long hair and would always put his hands up to feel it got through his fingers. (It was also another way I could get to see his smile.)

Overall, the weekend was very fun for me (probably not for Colby). Since we have gotten back to Lubbock a lot has happened. I had my first doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning and everything went well.

I liked my doctor and am glad I was able to get into her. The only thing out of the ordinary during the appointment was that she thought my uterus seemed bigger than 14 weeks - she thought it felt like it was 16 to 16 1/2 weeks. At the next appointment she will go over my ultrasound and give me a more accurate due date. So the baby might come sooner than July 17. I also found out that I got the Medical Assistant job with Lubbock Sports Medicine. I start on Monday morning and am really excited that I get to wear scrubs! (Perfect for being pregnant) Today I finally heard from Medicaid and have been approved. That is such a relief for Colby and I. Now I just have to get the card and I am set to go.

3 comments:

crack'n up ourselves said...

Hope Colby is feeling better now. That Bentley is sooo cute. And congrats on everything going well with your pregnancy.

w said...

Congrats on the job! That's got to be a big relief. I'm glad everything went well at the appt. Does it make everything seem more real now?

I love the pics of Bentley, he is too cute.

Love ya!

crack'n up ourselves said...

Now wait a minute. I demand a recount of the size of your uterus. Don't make me come down there! That baby is coming on July 17 whether you want it to or not, so it can share a birthday with its FAVORITE UNCLE!!!!