Born: July 14th at 11:25pm
Weight: 7lbs 15oz.
Height: 20 inches
Weight: 7lbs 15oz.
Height: 20 inches
Monday morning I received a phone call from Dr. Linton letting Brittany and I know that she would like to have Brittany induced at 8pm that night. With much excitement we packed everything up and got ready to bring our baby into the world. After arriving at the hospital Brittany was admitted and soon after her first dose of prostaglandin was administered. After her second dose it was off to the races and the hills and valleys of contractions began. She did amazingly well with her breathing and waited patiently for the anesthesiologist to get his gear ready for the epidural.
After the epidural was administered Brittany was finally able to have some relief. Thankfully she also got some much needed sleep. After an hour(and I mean only an hour of rest) she went from a 4 to a 9. For a minute there we thought that the doctor might not make it, but luckily she walked in just as Britt was ready to start. What followed next was incredible and unexplainable and everything in between. After only about a half hour Cooper Jay was born.
This is immediately after. Brittany was AMAZING! Everyone was thoroughly impressed.
After the first moments together the nurses had to take him for a while just to get him breathing really well. For a while there he had a lot of fluid in his lungs and was grunting a lot but within about 45 minutes he was doing much better.
Brittany was well taken care of during that time. Dr. Linton fixed her all up and she was able to nurse soon after. Then came his first bath and his first shots and before Britt and I could blink we were already being moved up to the postpartum floor. That first night was pretty tough for Brittany but she was a trooper and we made it through it.
This Kid has some HUGE hands! A master guitar player in the making(All the greats had big hands)
The second day brought many new experiences in addition to the many that we had already experienced. Grandmas and Grandpas came from far and wide to see this tiny wonder.
Nana and Cooper. So sweet.
Papa and Cooper. Or Bi-Coop as Papa says (You'll have to ask him about that little nick-name. Good Luck trying to figure it out on your own.)
The second night was good. Cooper has been eating very well and Brittany is already a pro at feeding him. And now the fun begins. We can hardly believe that he is here and that Brittany is no longer pregnant. I keep looking up at her thinking I'm going to see her like she was but low and behold no more Baby belly. It is an indescribable feeling to know that you are now responsible for such a precious child. Our Heavenly Father has given us such a blessing and he will be cherished. Now we want nothing more than to show him off to one and all. We can't wait for all of his aunts and uncles and cousins to meet him. He will steal your heart for sure.

Brittany, Cooper and I would just like to thank everyone for all of their support. For your prayers, words of advice, calls to check in, and the love that we have felt through this experience. We love you all very much.
"And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God"
9 comments:
how cute i think he is adorable. Brittany M.
Thanks for posting the pictures! Can't wait to see more. Congratulations!
Congratulations! He is adorable!
Wow! You did it! We are so excited to meet him. Please keep the pictures coming! Branson and Grant also had big hands!! Love ya!
He is beautiful! I'm so glad you guys are doing well. I wonder if he'll have Bushman hands :)
Love you!
Yeah for Cooper's arrival.Thanks for the photos. And to say he is the 200th member of an amazing family! That's cool!
He is so cute! I can hardly wait to see him. Glad you are all doing well.
These are the sweetest pictures in the whole world. Thank you so much for this wonderful experience and letting me share this with all of you!! I love and miss all of you. Cooper is one lucky baby!!! You did fantastic. I love yall!!
Cooper is absolutely precious...I can't wait to hold him!! Thanks for the pictures and the story Colby!
Post a Comment