Thursday, April 24, 2008

M.C.H.C.T Foundation



Well, for those of you who are interested to hear if the Supple has worked (You know who you are) the news is not as life changing as I had hoped. However, since deciding to start drinking the supplement I have noticed a difference in my ability to walk. Although I still have a slight limp I am getting around better. Today is day eight with 20 more days to go so there's still hope.

This morning I woke up thinking I had to attend class in a few hours and then had that wonderful experience of realizing that I didn't. The school semester is over, finals are finished, and it's time to have some fun for a few days. What will we do you might ask? Well.......we're not sure at this point. Any ideas?

Yesterday Brittany received some good news about the internship she has been seeking for quite some time now. She will be completing her internship at Curves. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Curves I will fill you in. It is a work out facility at which females go from station to station (like a work out circuit) in order to GET IN SHAPE. Please note the emphasis on the female above. It was not until a few years ago that I experienced the extreme segregation that goes on at these facilities. It will come as no surprise that as a young boy in highschool I soon became interested in finding a good place to work out. As I was driving home one day I passed by a Curves that had its membership price painted on its windows. Thus far I had been unable to find such a low price in my search so I decided to join. The next day I walked into the facility, went to the front desk and asked to talk about getting a membership. The young lady working the desk was very polite and without hesitation agreed to speak with me. Upon walking over to her desk I began to notice that there wasn't a man in sight but I shrugged it off and thought nothing of it. Soon the clerk and myself were deep into negotiations about what type of membership "I" wanted. Upon deciding on a good membership package the young lady pulled out some documents that needed to be filled out to finalize the deal. It was at this point that I had completely embarrassed myself. Without batting an eye the clerk said "Ok, now that you've picked the package we'll just need to get all of your mother's information and have her come in to have her picture taken." I didn't know what to say. I managed to let the clerk know that I had made a mistake and had come in for myself and not my mother. Upon hearing this she proceeded to tell me that "normally" which in this case was a kinder way of saying "in every instance" women use this facility. I then thanked her for her time and walked through the crowds of women out to my car. Needless to say I was pretty embarrassed and my ego had taken a pretty big hit. In the weeks following I came to the conclusion that I had been a victim of extreme segregation. Shortly after I decided to found the Men Can Have Curves Too Foundation or the M.C.H.C.T.F as I refer to it. As of today there is only one acting member of the group but I'm expecting a huge rise in that number soon.

6 comments:

w said...

You almost made me spit my diet chocolate cherry dr. pepper on the laptop! You are so funny :P

Congrats to Britt! That sounds awesome.

As for the next few days...you could always do a road trip! I know you've always wanted to see the ghetto of Garland!

Anonymous said...

123 test

crack'n up ourselves said...

That is so funny!!! Thanks again for letting me hang out with you guys this weekend.

Hiner Family said...

That is the funniest thing. I never even knew you did that!!! I would have loved to see you face. Love, MOM

Hiner Family said...

Colby, I really wanna join the M.C.H.C.T. organization...where do I sign up???
-Matt A.K.A. your little bro.

crack'n up ourselves said...

Time for a new post. tell us how you are doing.