Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update!!

First things first... on the 6th of this month we found out that we are having a little boy! We are extremely excited about our new addition and can't believe that this is for real. We have no clue what to name him, but luckily we have till July to figure that out. I also felt him kick for the first time on the 17th. I don't think I am still or quiet enough during the day to notice all the times he does kick. But it was such a cool feeling and experience. I can't wait until I am bigger and Colby can feel it too. For those who are wondering, my stomach doesn't look that much different- or at least that is what Colby says. I'll try to get a picture up here soon. I feel like I am getting bigger, but no one can really tell yet and I'm not complaining.

For the past two weeks Colby and I have both been sick with sinus infections,colds, and coughs. We have gone through two boxes of tissues, two bottles of mucinex, and two prescriptions of antibiotics! I am beginning to feel a little bit better, but it seems that Colby just can't get over what he has. Today he started to have sinus pressure, just like I had a couple weeks ago. Being sick has been so frustrating for both of us, but mainly for Colby. He finally decided to begin taking Humira and Methotrexate again, but has not been able to start the medicine because he has been sick. Hopefully we can both get completely better this next week.

February is always such a fun month for me. I love Valentine's Day and then my birthday is just around the corner. On Valentine's Day afternoon, Lara came over to make and decorate sugar cookies. Our first attempt did not go so well as you can see... ( I promise, those did start out as hearts!)

But after some work we were able to decorate some cute cookies.


That night Colby, Travis, Lara, and I went to Chili's for dinner(one of my favs) and then went to see the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic. It was a great, clean movie that was pretty funny.

Sadly I had to work on my birthday because it fell on a Thursday this year, but when I came home I got a great surprise. Colby had decorated the apartment with hot pink streamers and pink balloons. Travis and Lara were there to surprise me and we had pizza, cake, and chocolate covered strawberries(YUMM). I was so impressed with Colby because he had been feeling miserable all day and was still able to put that all together. I have such a great husband!



5 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't quite imagine those cookies ever starting out as hearts. I'm glad you had a good birthday evening. You have a great hubby! I hope you guys feel better soon!

w said...

1. Those cookies are hilarious.

2. What a sweet hubby you have, looks like a great bday!

3. I really hope Colby gets better soon so he can start his meds again.

We love you guys!

PS Love the scrubs :)

Stephanie said...

What a great month you have had!! Love the cookies and your cake looks so delicious! Hope you are both feeling better.

crack'n up ourselves said...

Happy Birthday! Those strawberries look so yummy!

Julie said...

Congrats on having a boy! Good luck with the whole name thing. That was so hard for us to agree on something we both liked!

I'm glad you had a great birthday even though you had to work.