Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break

This Spring Break started out pretty quiet and relaxed. Colby got to have a rest from school and enjoyed a visit from his family on Tuesday and Wednesday. I still had to go to work, but was excited for the weekend because we had decided to go with Colby's family to San Antonio. Thursday night we drove to Midland and spent the night with my Mom and Dad. We enjoyed spending time with them and had a few memorable laughs together. The next day we set out for the San Antonio Zoo.


We got to see tons of animals, but were disappointed by how crowded the Zoo was.

We were ready to leave and get to the hotel to relax. Blaine loved the pool and Colby loved the free drinks at the hotel. He probably drank four virgin Bloody Marys that night. The next morning we headed to Sea World.

I have been to Sea World two times before and I was excited for Colby to experience it. Colby's favorite part of the park was getting to feed and touch the dolphins. We could have spent hours at the dolphin tank. Everyone got to touch the dolphins and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere there.



My favorite part was the Believe (Shamu) show. I just think the relationship the trainers have with these enormous whales is amazing! Of course that night we were exhausted and ready for a good nights rest. The next morning we packed up and drove back to Midland and then on to Lubbock. It was a quick trip, but I'm so glad we got to have fun and spend time with Colby's family.

0 comments: